Creating a post-workout routine is important; it can maximise your results, while also helping you avoid injuries or muscle soreness.
Below, we have listed 6 simple yet effective steps you can do after your lockdown workouts.
1) Cooldown – Let your heart rate and breathing return gradually to their normal rhythm.
2) Stretch - This Increases blood flow to your muscles, which can help prevent muscle soreness and stiffness after a workout.
3) Foam Roll - By stimulating blood flow in problematic areas, you'll dramatically increase oxygen to your sore muscle fibres and reduce recovery time.
4) Hydrate - Replenishing the water and nutrients lost during a workout is crucial for the body’s health, recovery and future performance.
5) Refuel - Consuming a proper amount of carbs and protein after exercise is essential.
6) Refresh - Shower to remove sweat and bacteria from the skin, leaving you feeling fresh and clean post-workout. Why not try one of our invigorating shower gels for this step?